Fluorine Polymer Films Market: Overview
- Fluorine polymer films are also called fluoropolymer films. They are mainly used due to their exception characteristics including transparency, antifouling, and durability.
- These films are mainly utilized in production of anti-corrosive linings, composite part mold release, industrial roll covers, hot melt adhesive, microphone electret membranes, photovoltaic cell glazing (back sheet), anti-graffiti coverings, erasable surface, coverings, fuel hose permeation barrier, and hot melt adhesive.
Key Drivers of Fluorine Polymer Films Market
- An increase in incidence of diseases has been observed, owing to sedentary lifestyle and rise in population. This is likely to increase the risk of chronic diseases. This in turn is anticipated to drive the demand for medicines and drug delivery systems in the next few years.
- Rise in per capita income of people has led to increase in affordability of drugs. Furthermore, government initiatives and insurance policies are anticipated to increase the demand for medicines in the next few years.
- All these factors are likely to increase the manufacture of medical devices & equipment and drug delivery systems in the next few years. This, in turn, is projected to drive the fluorine polymer films market in the near future.
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)-based Fluorine Polymer Film to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- PTFE-based fluorine polymer films are generally made of fluorine atoms, which are of large size then that of carbon atoms. This forms a uniform and continuous covering around the carbon–carbon bonds, which, in turn, provides protection from a chemical attack, as fluorine atoms act as shield. These films are extensively employed for transferring ultrapure fluids in pipe liners, fittings, valves, and pumps.
- PFA film and FEP film offer properties such as robustness, flexibility over a wide temperature range, and chemical resistance. Additionally, these offer low-dielectric properties, due to which these films are extensively used in corrosion resistant lining, aircraft mold release, printed circuit board, and electret condenser microphone.
- ETFE films are mainly employed as release films for electrical & electronics application, because these films help retain releasability and moderate cushioning during operations at high temperatures
Medical Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on application, the global fluorine polymer films market can be segmented into aerospace & defense, healthcare, electrical & electronics, automotive, industrial, and others (consumer goods, solar energy etc.)
- Fluorine polymer films are extensively employed in health care sector for drug delivery substances, including plunger laminates, sterile packaging stoppers, cap liners, and advanced drug containers. Increase in expenditure in health care sector by the governmental authorities in order to meet the safety needs of the rise in population is likely to propel the fluorine polymer films market in the next few years.
- Fluorine polymer films in automotive sector are primarily used as protection films for paints, surfaces, and automotive airbag systems; and laminates for glass safety
- Increase in middle class population coupled with increase in disposable income of the people has led to increase in air travel for tourism and business. This is projected to increase manufacturing of aircrafts across the globe. Fluorine polymer films are used in the production of composite molding, industrial blankets for jacketing modern aircraft, and in aircraft engine seal applications. This, in turn, is expected to increase the demand for fluorine polymer films market during the forecast period.
- In electrical & electronics sector, fluorine polymer films are commonly used for circuit board laminates and high-temperature insulation tapes for wire wrapping, due to their properties such as excellent dielectric properties, temperature resistance, chemical resistance, and welding ability. Furthermore, fluorine polymer films are utilized as cast PTFE films, mainly for multilayer circuit boards application, which requires lower loss, low dielectric constant, and stable electrical and mechanical properties.
- In industrial sector, fluorine polymer films are employed in non-metallic expansion joints, roll covers, tank linings, roof seals, spray shields/flange covers, protective face shields, rupture disc and chemical pump diaphragms. In chemical industry, fluorine polymer films are used in many critical chemical industry applications due to their excellent chemical resistance at elevated temperatures. Additionally, fluorine polymer films are employed for manufacturing of storage materials such as sampling bags and flexible containers for the transportation of high purity chemicals.
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share in Fluorine Polymer Films Market
Based on region, the global fluorine polymer films market can be segregated into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Rise in income level, increase in health awareness among consumers, and surge in incidence of diseases is likely to boost the demand for drug delivery substances, sterile packaging stoppers, and cap liners in the next few years. Fluorine polymer films are likely to be preferred over other polymer films due to their properties including chemically stability, inertness, higher thermal stability, and weather stability. This, in turn, is expected to boost the Fluorine polymer films market by the end of the forecast period.
- According to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), hospital and diagnostic centers attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) worth US$ 6.09 Bn between April 2000 and March 2019, in India
- The launch of programs by governmental bodies is likely to increase the demand for health care facilities across the region. For instance, on September 23, 2018, the Government of India launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), to provide health insurance worth Rs 500,000 (US$ 7,124.54) to over 100 million families, every year.
- In August 2018, the Government of India has approved a centrally sponsored scheme called as “Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission” as a contribution by both center and state government, mainly for hilly North Eastern States and Union Territories with legislature
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Fluorine Polymer Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Players Operating in the Fluorine polymer films Market:
The fluorine polymer films market is moderately fragmented, in nature, dominated by several big players as well as a few emerging manufacturers operating across the globe. Key players operating in the fluorine polymer films market include:
- NITTO DENKO CORPORATION
- The Chemours Company
- Polyflon Technology Limited
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Solvay S.A.
- DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd
- EnPro Industries, Inc
- Arkema Group
- AGC Inc.
- Guarniflon SpA
- Textiles Coated International